Unless the context provides otherwise, the words and expressions set out below will have the following meanings and cognate expressions shall have corresponding meanings:
- “Competition” means the Lil-Lets Be You and stand a chance to win competition, organised and placed by the Promoter at participating stores, open to all people residing in South Africa who are over the age of 18.
- “Competition Period” means the period between 1st October 2021 and 17th December 2021 (both dates inclusive).
- “Closing Date” means the 17th of December 2021 (at 23h59).
- “Qualifying Products” means any Lil-Lets Maxi Pads pack (including, mini 10s, regular 10s, super 8s, superplus 7s, and night 7s), all absorbencies, scented and unscented.
- “Participant” means a person who enters the Competition.
- “Promoter” means Premier FMCG (Proprietary) Limited (Registration Number: 1968/002379/07) a company duly incorporated in accordance with the company laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- “Participating stores” means selected Spar Stores, which retails the Qualifying Products in South Africa, and which have been approved by the Promoter.
- “Prizes” means:
- 200 x R 200 vouchers (comprising of Superbalist, Sorbet or UberEats) (“Vouchers”)
- 1 x R 10 000 cash voucher (“Grand Prize”).
Application of Terms and Conditions
By choosing to enter the Competition, the Participant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions, which the Participant acknowledges to have read and understood.
- In order to be eligible for participation in this Competition a Participant must:
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident over the age of 18 years.
- Successfully enter the Competition in accordance with the entry mechanism set out in clause 3.3,
- Adhere to these terms and conditions.
- Participants may only enter this Competition through the selected Spar stores within the Republic of South Africa.
- To enter the Competition, Participants must:
- Buy a Qualifying Product (with an on-pack sticker).
- SMS the unique code found on the on-pack sticker to *120*256687# and follow the prompts.
- Standard USSD rates will apply.
- Entries received through any medium other than as stipulated above shall not be considered.
- No entries submitted on behalf of a third party will be submitted.
- The Competition closes on the Closing Date. Only entries received within the Competition Period will be considered
Prizes and Award Terms
- The winners of Vouchers will be selected according to the unique code entered (certain unique codes will carry an automatic / instant Voucher).
- Voucher Winners will be able to choose between a Superbalist, Sorbet or UberEats Voucher.
- Winners will be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable vendor.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Vouchers will be shared via an SMS to the winning cell phone number Winning Vouchers will be shared as a code via SMS that can be used at the relevant third party.
- The Grand Prize will be awarded to a single winner that will be drawn randomly from all valid entries within 30 (thirty) days of the Closing Date.
- Winners will be required to submit a copy of his or her (as the case may be) identity card or similar document to prove that he or she (as the case may be) is over the age of 18 and a citizen of South Africa.
- In the event that the Grand Prize winner cannot be successfully contacted within 24 hours of the final decision or is unable, for any reason whatsoever, to accept the Grand Prize, a replacement winner will be randomly drawn from the remaining valid entries in the draw in accordance with same process and procedures as applicable to the original draw.
- Any Prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
Use of Personal Information
- Personal information is information relating to a Participant. Personal information includes a Participant’s identity number, passport number and contact details.
- The personal information referred to above, may be collected by the Promoter or a third-party agency on the Promoter’s behalf. In the event that the information is being collected by a third-party agency, this information will be transferred to the Promoter and deleted by the agency at the end of this Competition.
- By entering this Competition, a Participant agrees that the Promoter may use his/her personal information in connection with the Competition.
- As far as the law allows, each Participant agrees and gives the Promoter permission to collect, get, receive, record, organise, collate, store, update, use and share all of his/her personal information for all purposes relating to the Competition.
- A Participant may ask the Promoter at any time before the Closing Date to correct or confirm any personal information if it is wrong or out of date.
- Each Participant warrants that he/she has the authority to allow the Promoter to use his/her personal information for purposes of the Competition. The Promoters will not use any Participant’s personal information in any way which breaks the law and undertakes to keep all personal information of Participants secure and for as long as the law requires.
- The Participant agrees that any photographs or videos taken of them in relation to this Competition become the property of the Promoter to use in any marketing campaigns as the Promoter deems fit. The Participant shall have no claim for any compensation for use of the photograph.
Warranties and Indemnities
- The Promoter, its employees, officers, directors, agents and associates and the Participating Stores, their employees, officers, directors, agents and associates (the “Indemnified Parties’’) shall not be liable for and the Participants hereby indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from any claim, liability, cost, expense or penalty suffered or incurred by any person as a result of participating in the Competition.
- All products given as part of the Prizes are subject to all applicable warranties, guarantees and instructions of use accompanying such products.
In the event of any act of God, strike, war, warlike operation, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, lockout, combination of workmen, interference of trade unions, suspension of labour, fire, accident, or (without regard to the foregoing enumeration) of any circumstances arising or action taken beyond or outside the reasonable control of the Promoter preventing them from the performance of any obligation to a Participant (any such event hereinafter called "Force Majeure") then the Promoter shall be relieved of all such obligations to the Participant during the period that such Force Majeure continues and shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of any obligations or loss or damage which the Participant may suffer due to or resulting from the Force Majeure.
- The Promoter may in its sole and absolute discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, by publishing the revised terms and conditions on the Lil-Lets Website (www.Lil-Lets.com). All Participating Stores will have a printed copy available within the store.
- The following persons may not enter the Promotion or be eligible to win any of the prizes:
- any director, member, partner, owner, employee, agent of, consultant to, or anyone associated with or affiliated to the Promoter; or
- a supplier of Participating Products or services in connection with the Competition.
- Prizes are not transferable for cash or any other prizes.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged, undelivered, or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, but not limited to, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who breaches any provision of these terms and conditions.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the Promotion and/or these terms and conditions, the Promoter’s decision will be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of a dispute regarding a winner chosen in accordance with these terms and conditions, the decision of an independent admitted attorney duly appointed by the Promoter will be final and binding and no other correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend, or terminate the Promotion at any time and without notice to the Participants.
- All enquiries regarding the Competition should be sent to the Promoter at email@example.com or 0860 330 300 or via our social media pages.